Friday, November 28, 2014

#Endometriosis #Poem



The Devil within

I woke up one day and everything changed,
The life that I knew of was now so strange.
The pain was intense it brought me to my knees,
What was this pain that just wouldn't ease?

The doctor said it could be a cyst,
And the word Endometriosis came from her lips.
What was that? I just didn’t know,
Nor did my mother so we just let it go.

In fetal position on a cold hard floor,
Is where I laid pleading for the pain to be no more.

Months turned to years and tears turned to fear,
No one could answer why my pain was so severe.

It felt like a knife was jabbing me inside,
My rectum was suddenly the new pain that thrived.
IBS was what I was told but I did not believe,
Another diagnoses my mind could not conceive.

My mind was drifting into a hole I could not escape,
The further I got I was convinced this was my fate.
The trauma from the neglect and even the fighting
After 14 years death was inviting.  

Doctor after doctor there seemed to be no end,
The treatment I was asking for I had to defend.
No one believed me and I hung my head in shame,
Did they think that I wanted this or was playing a game?

I finally got to the place I needed to be
Within seconds he told me what others did not see.
Endometriosis was there on my bowels and my bladder,
Sadly it had destroyed all things that mattered.

Years had passed and the disease still kept growing,
My surgeon was good but it just wasn't showing.
I finally convinced him to do what was right
Remove all my insides and all Endo in sight.

I finally have closure from the terror and the pain,
But my mind from the trauma will never be the same.
I still see the darkness but not the same as before,
Because day by day I see the light more.


@EndEndoForever (The Faces of Endo)

No comments:

Post a Comment