Monday, November 11, 2013

Where would the Pharmaceutical companies be without us #endo sufferers?

I posted an update on Facebook because something bothered me recently and it struck me that we keep all these companies in business and at what cost to us? 

From the time I was diagnosed in 2007 I spent $4500 on 9 months of Lupron injections, almost $2000 on BCP, and around $5000 on various meds such as Visanne, Antidepressants and pain meds. 

So imagine it......179 million women spend around $10,000 in 6 years just on meds alone to treat Endo not including, surgeries, tests etc. Imagine!!!! 

What if we said, enough is enough and we stopped? That would bring down so many Pharmaceutical companies it would be maddening. I wish this is something we could all do but I know there would be no way for this to happen since we suffer so greatly, however if we keep these companies in business and the government really controls those companies we will never get the surgeons we need.

This is so upsetting yet so clear on how we have been taken advantage of and swept under the rug just for the sake of money. We are worth nothing to them and we will continue to suffer because at the end of the day the only thing that matters is money in the pockets of the Pharmaceutical companies and Government.

That is just my thought for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment