Friday, August 30, 2013

Sex & Endometriosis




Sex is something that most people are still shy talking about but for me I have become pretty vocal since my diagnoses of Endometriosis in 2007.

I started to have sex at a young age (too young) I always though sex just hurt in general for everyone, I never would have linked the two together if it hadn't have been for my ongoing research the last 23 yrs.

Sex always hurts for me. Sex to me is the most torturous thing in the world and if I could say "NO" to sex the rest of my life I would. However I am married and you can't really just do that, can you? I am lucky to have a great husband through all of this but how long can someone remain in a relationship when the person has to drink wine to be someone okay to even tolerate the pain? I am only guessing that my husband feels like crap thinking the only time I want sex is when I am drinking and that is far from the truth.

I had a recto-vaginal cyst that went 12 yrs undiagnosed and I knew from my first diagnoses of IBS that they were mistaken and that there was something else seriously wrong. I found at that time it was even more painful.

Deep penetration is a nightmare. There is no position that works at all and we have tried many. The left side of the vaginal wall always seems inflamed and even insertion is painful. How is this fair? I hear about all of these women that have these great sex lives and me, just someone saying "sex" causes me tension and anxiety.

I was at the Endometriosis Symposium in 2011 in Toronto and I met Dr. Wurn from Clear Passage Therapy as he was a guest speaker there. I got to talk one on one with him about pain, sex and Endometriosis. Knowing that I could never afford the therapy there and also that it is in the USA he told me to buy a vibrator. YES you heard me right!! LOL.  He told me not to turn it on and to insert it into the vagina and push against it against the vaginal wall to break up the scar tissue. I found it very amusing an older man sitting on a couch legs in the air mimicking the treatment, I had to actually turn around to make sure no one was looking HA.

I still have yet to try that but will be soon and after going to an Endometriosis support group meeting I have learned of many different things that have been used helped women such as dilators, medicinal marijuana, vaporized weed, pill form marijuana (Marinol) and sex therapy.

So all of these things I plan look into further but I was wondering from all of you what you have tried to make it more tolerable? Did any of you end up finding it was Adenomyosis causing the painful sex?

Let me know I would love to hear from you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment